The skilled worker visa is a type of UK work visa that is designed for non-UK citizens who are highly skilled and have a job offer in the UK from an approved employer. In order to be eligible for a skilled worker visa, an individual must meet the following requirements:
- Job Offer: The applicant must have a job offer from a UK employer which holds a valid sponsor license. The job offer must be at RQF level 3 or above (equivalent to A-levels) and meet the minimum salary threshold of £25,600 or the going rate for the occupation, whichever is higher. The would issue them the COS on the basis of which they can apply for the skilled Worker visa.
- English Language Requirement: All visa applicants must demonstrate that they meet the required level of English language ability to do the job offered (CEFR level B1).
- Personal details: Applicants must provide their personal details, passport, and other relevant documents which include their academic qualifications and work experience.
- Health requirements: Applicants must pass the tuberculosis test and satisfy the health requirements.
- Maintenance funds: Applicants must show that they have sufficient money to support themselves during their stay in the UK for a minimum of 28 consecutive days. The funds can come from the applicant, their sponsor or a combination of both. The applicant needs to show a total of £1270 in their account
If you need advice on how you can meet the eligibility requirements, you can take advice from our experts in the immigration department. They will not only help you in your application process but also help you in gathering all the required documents to make your application successful.
Once the applicant meets all the eligibility criteria, we can apply for a skilled worker visa. The visa is usually granted for a period of up to five years and can be extended while the applicant is still in the UK. The processing time for a skilled worker visa varies on a case-by-case basis, but it usually takes around three weeks.